Cellulite is a very common, harmless skin condition that causes bumps and holes in the buttocks, abdomen, hips, thighs, and upper arms. It is fatty sediment under the skin which possible causes include genetics, weight gain, hormonal imbalances, and lack of exercise. In this article, we’ll tell you three simple and natural ways to help you get rid of cellulite.
Foods that contribute to the cellulite build up include
- Processed carbohydrates such as pasta, sweet cereals, and pastries
- Processed foods such as processed meat products, baked products, and potato chips
- Salt – sodium causes water retention in tissues
- Carbonated soft drinks
Medical procedures for reducing cellulite
Some of the medical procedures for eliminating cellulite include:
- Cryolipolysis – a non-invasive method that eliminates cellulite by freezing the fat cells underneath the skin
- Vacuum-assisted precise tissue release
- Laser and radiofrequency treatments
There are numerous things you can do if you want to get rid of cellulite
- Change your diet – avoid or minimize foods that contribute to cellulite build-up and eat more fresh fruits and vegetables properly washed in a solution of baking soda
- Drink more water – water keeps you hydrated and helps boost blood circulation and lymph flow
- Do cardio exercises such as running and jumping rope as they can reduce the appearance of bumpy skin on affected areas
- Take supplements containing grape seeds extract or ginkgo Biloba, as they can reduce the appearance of bumpy skin
- Try Natural Home Remedies for Cellulite Elimination, Weight Loss and Detox
The Anti-Cellulite Diet for Smoother Skin
- Bell peppers
- Cayenne Pepper
- Green Tea
- Bone Broth
- Berries (especially cranberries)
- Lemon water
- Apple cider vinegar
- Flax seed
In addition to medical procedures, there are alternative treatments that can help eliminate cellulite and make your skin look healthier.
We recommend that you try some simple and inexpensive treatments that will help you get rid of cellulite:
Himalayan salt scrub
Moisturize the skin in the shower. Take a little Himalayan salt by hand and rub gently in a circular motion into the skin, addressing especially the cellulite areas: upper legs, stomach, buttocks upper arms, and thigs. Wash with warm water and body soap, dry, and apply moisturizing body lotion. Alternatively, you can mix 1 teaspoon of coconut oil with 1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt and rub the skin with this mixture.
Himalayan salt exfoliates and adds minerals to the skin making it smoother and younger. Himalayan salt naturally has antibacterial, antifungal, and antimicrobial properties which generally improve skin health. Coconut oil softens the skin and moisturize it.
Dry brushing is a process of lightly exfoliating the skin using a special brush with firm bristles for the face or body, which can be found at supermarkets and pharmacies. Some people use it as a part of their skin routine.
Dry brushing of the skin generally improves blood circulation, unclogs pores, restores skin firmness, and helps lymphatic drainage which contributes to overall health and improves detoxification of the body. Dry brushing can improve the appearance of bumpy skin in areas affected by cellulite. It is recommended that you brush your skin towards the heart to help with lymphatic drainage. You can find videos on YouTube that show the process of dry brushing.
After brushing, wash the skin with warm water and soap. Dry with a towel and apply a moisturizing body lotion. Dry brushing is recommended 1-2 times a week. Wash the brush with warm water and soap or shampoo to remove dead skin.
There are many caffeinated products on the market and some of them are very popular. The benefits of these products are that they are rich in antioxidants that fight premature skin aging, reduce the appearance of fine lines and sun spots, can reduce cellulite, promote cell regeneration, brighten skin, improve blood circulation, and fight skin inflammation.
We suggest that you make your own inexpensive coffee scrub, as follows:
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup ground organic coffee beans
- ¼ cup brown sugar*
- 2 teaspoons row honey
Place all the ingredients in a glass bowl and mix well to combine. Transfer the mixture to a glass jar with a lid. You can keep the mixture in the bathroom for up to a month.
Wash skin with warm water and soap and rinse off the soap. Taking a little of the mixture with your hands, gently rub the skin in a circular motion. Gently massage the areas affected by cellulite. When finished, rinse the coffee scrub with warm water, dry, and apply a moisturizer.
Apply coffee scrub 2-3 times a week.
Coconut oil, coffee, and honey work wonders for your skin.
* Alternatively, you can use Himalayan salt instead of brown sugar.
Try to get rid of cellulite by using these natural treatments and don’t forget to share it with your friends!
Looking for more articles like this? Check these out:
➥ DISCLAIMER: This post is not intended to replace medical treatment. The information provided is for educational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice.