Arthritis is a disease that causes chronic pain, inflammation, stiffness, or swelling in one or more joints in the body and can cause a reduced range of motion. There are different types of arthritis that can be caused by infections, injuries, wear and tear, or various underlying diseases. Conventional treatment for arthritis includes steroid and non-steroid medication, ointments and creams, physical therapies, joint replacement, or injections. In some cases, arthritis worsens or occurs as an allergic reaction to food. As certain foods cause inflammation in the body, it is best to avoid these foods. There are some natural home-made remedies for arthritis that can reduce joint pain and swelling, they are affordable and easy to make – they are bay leaf tea, bay leaf and rosemary oil, and bay leaf oil.
Bay leaf and rosemary are well known for their anti-inflammatory properties, so painful places are massaged with its oils, commonly twice a day. Usually, after a few hours to a few days, the symptoms decrease, depending on the severity and duration of the inflammatory process. Bay leaf tea, which is consumed in sips throughout the day, clears salt deposits from the joints and thus reduces inflammation and pain.
These are 3 Natural Homemade Remedies for Arthritis:
1. Bay Leaf Tea
- 300 ml filtered water
- 1 teaspoon chopped bay leaf.
- Pour 300 ml water over 1 teaspoon chopped bay leaf and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Cover with a lid and leave overnight.
- Strain the tea in the morning, and drink 1 sip at a time during the day.
- Repeat every day for 2 weeks.
2. Bay Leaf and Rosemary Oil
- 5-7 Bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves
- 200 ml extra virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl put the chopped bay leaves and rosemary, and pour olive oil.
- Pour some water into a larger pot and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Place the bowl with oil and herbs into a water bath, then reduce the heat and cook for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Set aside for another half an hour, then strain and pour into small dispenser bottles or a glass jar.
- Massage sore spots twice a day or as needed.
3. Bay Leaf Oil
- 30 grams bay leaf chopped
- 250 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Pour 250 ml extra virgin olive oil in a glass jar with 30 grams chopped bay lea.
- Cover with a lid, and keep in a dark and cool place for 2 weeks, occasionally shaking the jar.
- Strain the oil after 2 weeks and pour it into small dispenser bottles.
- Rub the oil into sore joints or muscles twice a day until symptoms persist.
Try these Natural Home-Made Remedies for Arthritis and don’t forget to share them with friends!
Looking for more articles like this? Check these out:
➥ DISCLAIMER: This post is not intended to replace medical treatment. The information provided is for educational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice.