The spices bought in the stores come in various combinations of ingredients and flavors, as well as the proposed purpose. What they all have in common are preservatives, artificial colors and flavors, which are chemical products and as such they damage our organs and damage our body and health. To maintain our health, it is important that we avoid preservatives and artificial colors and flavors where ever we can, so making your own spices is one way to achieve this. Try to make your own healthy seasoning.
Here is one healthy seasoning you can make:
- 1 kilogram of Himalayan salt
- 1 kilogram carrots
- 500 grams parsnips
- Leaves of 1 celery
- 1 kilogram capsicums
- 500 grams onions
- 200 grams garlic
- 100 grams dried parsley leaf
- 100 grams turmeric powder
- 50 grams black pepper
- Wash all the vegetables under running water.
- Soak the vegetables in the bicarb soda solution for 20 minutes and wash again.
- Peel onions, garlic, carrots and parsnips, cut and seed the capsicums.
- Rinse all vegetables under running water.
- Separately chop the vegetables and place them on separate trays.
- Dry vegetables in dehydrator as directed or until dry. Alternatively, you can dry them in oven at 120°C with the oven door slightly open and stir them occasionally.
- When well dried, put vegetables in a chopper and process them as desired.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients with Himalayan salt, turmeric powder and black pepper and mix well to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a glass jar and place the lid on.
This spice can be used for cooking all kinds of dishes, for seasoning all types of fish and meat and all kinds of marinades.
Store at a room temperature for up to 2 years.
Looking for more healthy recipes? Check these out:
➥ DISCLAIMER: This post is not intended to replace medical treatment. The information provided is for educational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice.