Chia seeds are small round-shaped seeds that come in white or black color. In addition to being traditionally ground into flour, blended into beverages, or pressed for oil, there are a number of ways to use chia seeds to attain their nutritional benefits. They can be eaten raw, or soaked and added to porridge, made into pudding, can be ground and used in baked goods, added to energy drink or just sprinkled onto salads. Try this quick, easy and healthy chia seeds salad.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Healthy Salad Ingredients:
1 pkt baby spinach and rocket salad
250 g cherry tomatoes halved
1 yellow capsicum chopped
1 medium carrot grated
½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
Juice of ½ lemon
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
250 g haloumi cheese grilled
2 free range eggs hard boiled
2 teaspoons chia seeds
- Soak baby spinach, rocket salad, tomatoes, capsicum and a carrot in bicarb soda solution for 15 minutes, then rinse and dry.
- Chop capsicum (remove the seeds), half the cherry tomatoes and grate the carrot.
- Mix all the vegetables in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Boil 2 free range eggs till firm, cool them in cold water, then pill and slice.
- Dry the haloumi cheese block with paper towel and slice.
- Grill the haloumi slices in the pan, over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Grind 2 teaspoons of chia seeds in a coffee grinder.
- Mix the olive oil, salt and lemon juice in a small bowl to combine.
- Add egg slices to the vegetable mixture.
- Pour over the oil dressing, and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with chia seeds.
- Divide the salad between the serving bowls and serve with slices of haloumi cheese.
Try this quick, easy and healthy chia seeds salad recipe. Enjoy!
Looking for more healthy salads? Check these out:
➥ DISCLAIMER: This post is not intended to replace medical treatment. The information provided is for educational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice.