Are you looking for easy vegan entrée recipe? Try this delicious roasted cabbage slices recipe – it’s going to become your new favorite.
Preparing: 20 minutes
Baking: 40-45 minutes
Ingredients for roasted cabbage slices:
- 1 large head green cabbage
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoons of fresh parsley leaf finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon of dried rosemary
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 180°C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
Remove the outer leaves from the cabbage, until nice and clean. Rinse the cabbage and pat dry. Cut off the bottom of the stem. Use a sharp knife to cut six round slices 2 cm thick.
Place the cabbage slices in one layer on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Mix olive and sesame oil and sprinkle generously over cabbage slices.
Mix the chopped onion, garlic, parsley leaf, sesame seeds, pepper salt and rosemary in a bowl and stir. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the cabbage slices, to taste.
Roast for 40-45 minutes, until the cabbage tender and crispy.
Serve with apple sauce and almond milk yoghurt.
This dish can be considered as a non-vegan side dish served, with roasted pork belly or grilled chicken breast.
Looking for more healthy recipes? Check these out:
- Healthy Creamy Green Pesto Soup
- Chia Seeds Salad
- Potato Bake Healthy Way
- Healthy Chicken and Zucchini Salad
➥ DISCLAIMER: This post is not intended to replace medical treatment. The information provided is for educational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice.