Soups are easy to cook. They are healthy, refreshing and delicious option for a light lunch or late dinner. Soups always give you that vibrant specific feeling of fullness, especially during winter evenings when they pleasantly warm you up. Therefore, try this nice, easy and creamy green pesto soup that will test your cooking skills.
Preparation: 15 mins
Cooking: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Green Pesto Soup:
- 1 table spoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 carrots grated
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled, chopped
- 1 green capsicum chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 medium zucchinis, chopped
- 4 cups filtered water
- 100 grams ditalini pasta
- ½ cup thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon dry seasoning to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup parsley leaves finely chopped
Green pesto Recipe:
- ½ cup basil leaves
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cups frozen peas cooked
- ¼ cup walnuts toasted
- 1 tbs pepitas (pumpkin seeds), toasted
- ⅓ cup finely grated parmesan
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Wash all vegetables in baking soda solution.
- Heat the oil in large sauce pan over medium heat, add carrots, onion, potato, garlic and capsicum and cook until tender. Add the zucchini and cook stirring 5 minutes. Add water, dry seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and cook until potato and zucchini are softened. When cooked stir in thickened cream and set aside.
- Make green pesto combining cooked peas, onion, garlic, walnuts, pepitas, dry seasoning, pepper, half the parmesan and basil leaves in a food processor and process until smooth, gradually adding oil.
- Cook pasta in a small dish for 10 minutes, or until al dente, drain and add 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil and 1 tablespoon of pesto. Toss to combine.
- Use a stick blender to blend the soup until smooth. Add the pesto and stir to combine.
- Divide green pesto soup between serving bowls, top with pasta and sprinkle with remaining parmesan. Decorate with parsley.
Looking for more recipe ideas? Check these out:
➥ DISCLAIMER: This post is not intended to replace medical treatment. The information provided is for educational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice.