Even though everything is made from scratch, this potato bake recipe is easy to make. It makes a great side dish and it’s very tasty. Enjoy!
Preparation: 25 minutes
Ingredients for potato bake:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon homemade seasoning
- 350 ml cup almond or skim milk
- 150 g shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 kg potatoes
- 1/2 medium onion sliced
- Fresh parsley leaf chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C. In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt, seasoning and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook about 3 minutes and stir until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted.
- Soak the potato in the bicarb soda solution for 20 minutes and wash again.
- Coat a medium baking dish with cooking spray. Place half of the potatoes in dish; layer with ½ the onion and half of the cheese sauce. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake, covered, 50 minutes. Uncover and bake another 10-15 minutes until potatoes are tender. Set aside for 10 minutes and garnish with parsley leaf. Serve with season salad.
Looking for more healthy recipes? Check these out:
➥ DISCLAIMER: This post is not intended to replace medical treatment. The information provided is for educational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice.