These healthy pumpkin and zucchini muffins are suitable for lunch boxes for work or school or easy dinner.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Ingredients for Pumpkin and Zucchini Muffins:
- 2 zucchinis, grated
- 1 cup grated pumpkin
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 150 g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 150g self-rising flour
- ½ cup chopped parsley leaf (to taste)
- ½ a cup chopped celery leaf (to taste)
- 4 Free Range Eggs, lightly whisked
- 100 ml yoghurt
- 2 tbs olive oil + 2 tbs olive oil for fry
- 1/2 tsp homemade seasoning
- Himalayan salt
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Place muffin paper in a muffin bake tray.
2. Heat a medium frying pan with 2 tbs olive oil over medium heat, add chopped onion and cook stirring for 5 minutes, or until soft. Transfer to a bowl and let it cool for 5 minutes.
3. Slightly whisk the eggs, add milk and olive oil, combine and add to the pumpkin, zucchini, mixed vegetables, cheese, flour and parsley mixture and stir to combine. Season. Spoon into the prepared muffin cups and smooth the surface.
4. Bake for 40 mins or until firm to the touch. Set aside to cool.
Serve with season salad and yoghurt. Add grilled haloumi (optional).
Leftovers can be frozen wrapped in glad wrap individually and placed in airtight container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
This meal can be prepared with any other vegetables of your choice.
Try these healthy pumpkin and zucchini muffins and don’t forget to share this healthy muffins recipe with your friends.
Looking for more snack ideas? Check these out:
➥ DISCLAIMER: This post is not intended to replace medical treatment. The information provided is for educational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice.