Among all the recipes for muffins, here is the one that is healthy, tasty and easy to make. These healthy savory vegetable muffins are great addition to your morning or afternoon tea.
Preparation: 20 minutes
Bake: 20 minutes
Ingredients for savory vegetable muffins:
- ½ cup finely chopped cauliflower
- ½ cup grated squeezed zucchini
- ½ cup grated carrots
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 free range eggs
- ½ cup Greek style yoghurt
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon healthy homemade seasoning
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Parmesan and chia seeds for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C, line a muffin tray with liners and set aside;
- Squeeze zucchini to remove liquid and combine with grated carrots. Set aside;
- Combine all ingredients except vegetables and cheese in a bowl and mix until smooth;
- Add finely chopped cauliflower, drained carrots and zucchini and grated cheese and mix to combine;
- Portion between the prepared muffin liners and top with parmesan and chia seeds;
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown;
- Remove from oven, leave for 10 minutes to set. Transfer to a cooling tray and let cool completely.
You can serve this dish as an appetizer, morning/ afternoon tea or as a snack. These healthy muffins are also suitable for lunch box. Muffins can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
Try this healthy muffins recipe, you will love it!
Looking for more healthy recipes? Check these out:
➥ DISCLAIMER: This post is not intended to replace medical treatment. The information provided is for educational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice.