There are many ways to reduce high cholesterol, we are giving you 3 natural home remedies for high cholesterol levels.
Cholesterol is a type of fat in our blood. While our body produces all the necessary cholesterol, we also take cholesterol from the foods we consume. High cholesterol, especially LDL cholesterol (low-density lipoprotein) which is also called “bad” cholesterol, is one of the main risk factors for developing the disease. It increases our chance of developing heart disease and having a heart attack, as well as a stroke. Many factors can contribute to an increase in blood cholesterol levels, including the existence of an underlying condition, such as diabetes or high blood pressure, unhealthy lifestyle, unhealthy diet, smoking, lack of physical activity, lack of sleep, and constant stress. The western diet rich in trans fats and saturated fats and a sedentary lifestyle greatly contribute to the development of diabetes, high blood pressure, and high blood cholesterol levels.
In short, trans fats are bad for you, polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats are good for you, and saturated fats are somewhere in-between, as reported by Harvard Health Publishing. Therefore, to lower LDL cholesterol levels, it is necessary to avoid trans fats and replace saturated fats with monounsaturated fats found in extra virgin olive oil and avocado oil, or polyunsaturated fat found in walnuts, fish, and canola oil.
In addition to the Mediterranean diet, which is known to maintain healthy body fat levels and regular exercise, there are a number of natural home remedies that can help lower LDL cholesterol in the blood.
Some of these natural home remedies for High Cholesterol Levels include:
1. Sesame & Flax Seed Honey
- 3 table spoons sesame seeds
- 3 table spoons flax seed
- 500 gr row honey
Put sesame and flax seeds into a coffee grinder and grind coarsely. Stir in the honey until smooth. Take 1 teaspoon a day until done.
Sesame and flax seed honey is an excellent natural homemade remedy for improving cholesterol levels. It is also known to improve iron levels in the blood. Sesame and flax seeds taken daily can significantly improve bone density and dental health. The mixture is an excellent source of minerals and vitamins.
2. Lemon and Garlic Juice
- 4 garlic heads
- 4 lemons unpeeled
- 3 litres of boiled water
- Bring the water to a boil over medium heat and allow it to cool.
- Separate the garlic into cloves and peel and chop them.
- Wash lemons in baking soda solution, then rinse under running water and chop them into small pieces.
- Put the garlic and lemon mixture into a stainless-steel bowl and add cold boiled water. Cover and leave for 24 hours.
- Strain the juice and put it in glass bottles. Keep refrigerated.
The maximum dose is 50 ml three times a day, before meals. The duration of treatment is 40 days. It is recommended to repeat the treatment once a year.
This juice can clean blood vessels, improve blood circulation and normalize blood pressure.
3. Lemon and Parsley Smoothie
- 1.5 litres of boiled water
- 3 medium-sized parsley
- 1 kg of lemon
- Wash the lemon in the baking soda solution, then rinse under running water.
- Bring the water to a boil, then let it cool.
- Chop the lemon and parsley and put them in the water.
- Cover the dish and leave it in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth, place them in the glass jar, and put them in the fridge.
Use 50 ml of this mixture once a day and keep refrigerated.
This remedy cleanses the blood vessels, improves blood circulation, reduces swelling in joints, and regulates blood pressure.
Looking for more articles like this? Check these out:
- Apple Cinnamon Detox Water for Weight Loss – Miraculous Solution
- 3 Natural Home Remedies for Iron Deficiency – Anemia
- 3 Natural Home-Made Remedies for Arthritis
➥ DISCLAIMER: This post is not intended to replace medical treatment. The information provided is for educational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice.