Among all the recipes for muffins, here is the one that is healthy, tasty and easy to make. These healthy chia muffins with prunes are great addition to your morning or afternoon tea.
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
Ingredients for chia muffins:
- 200 g oatmeal ground
- 200 ml organic almond milk
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed ground
- 150 g prunes chopped
- 2 free range eggs
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 tea spoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- A pinch of Himalayan salt
- 3 tablespoons row honey
- 80 g dark chocolate minimum 70% cocoa
- 100 ml thickened cream
- Mix chia seeds with almond milk and set aside for ½ an hour to soak, stirring occasionally.
- Combine the ground oatmeal, ground flax seeds, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk the eggs in a deeper plate, pour into the chia/milk mixture and stir to combine. Stir in the pureed bananas and honey. Add the dry ingredients and mix well to combine. Finally add the prunes and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Line a muffin baking tray with paper cups and spoon in the mixture evenly. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until cooked. You can use a toothpick to check if they are done.
- Place the muffins on the rack to cool.
Pour the thickened cream in a medium pan over medium heat and stir until starting to boil. Reduce heat and add the chocolate stirring until all melted and thick. Pour warm Ganache cream over the muffins and let it set.
Serve with fresh berries.
These healthy chia muffins with prunes are great addition to your morning or afternoon tea. Try this recipe!
Looking for more recipe ideas? Check these out:
➥ DISCLAIMER: This post is not intended to replace medical treatment. The information provided is for educational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice.