Maintaining good eyesight is very important for everyone. Unfortunately, there are a number of factors that negatively affect our eyes and impair vision, and they include:
- UV radiation
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Excessive use of eye drops
- Excessive time in front of screen
- Contact lenses can
- Lack of sleep or fatigue
- Too much light
There are a number of treatments for eye diseases such as eye drops, medication, ointments, injections, and surgeries and their use depends on the type and severity of the disease.
But there are also a number of things we can do to take care of our eyes and prevent disease. The simplest is a balanced diet that will provide the nutrition needed for eye health. In addition to diet, we need to pay attention to the condition of the eyes. If our eyes are tired or we have blurred vision, we need to find the reason for it. It is best to go out into the fresh air, take a deep breath, wash your face with lukewarm water, go to the park and take a nice walk.
Depending on the cause of blurred vision you can try life style changes, or natural treatments that include:
- Protect your eyes
- Take a rest
- Take vitamin A
- Take omega-3 fatty acids
- Avoid allergens
- Lubricate your eyes
- Improve air quality
Here are 3 Easy Home Remedies That Can Help with Eyesight:
1. Warm Your Eyes
Take a face washer and put it in hot water. Squeeze out the water, fold the face washer, sit in a comfortable chair, and put the warm face washer over your eyes. Keep until completely cooled. Use this time to relax your body and mind. Think of something nice and smile. Repeat for a better result.
This remedy relaxes the eye muscles, cleanses the eyes, helps with eye fatigue, improves circulation and stimulates the eye glands to lubricate the eyes.
Apply twice a day.
2. Energize and relax your eyes
Rub your hands together for 15 seconds; Then place both palms over the closed eyes, blocking out the light, without pushing in. Think of a beautiful place and enjoy it. Smile. Repeat a couple of times for a better result.
This remedy will energize your eyes, relax your eye muscles, help with eye fatigue, improve circulation and stimulate the eye glands to lubricate the eyes.
Repeat as needed.
- Up-Down-Left-Right – Look up, down, left and right and repeat for 20 seconds.
- Eye Roll – Roll your eyes clockwise for 15 seconds, then for 15 seconds counter clockwise.
- Zooming – Sit straight on a chair, reach out in front of you and rise your thumb. Keeping your eyes on your thumb, slowly bend your elbow and bring your thumb closer to your nose, then move it away again. Repeat for 30 seconds.
These exercises help strengthen the eye muscles, relax the eyes and can improve vision.
Repeat every time your eyes feel tired or sore, or you get blurred vision due to working at a computer.
If you don’t find relief from these home remedies, be sure to visit an ophthalmologist to identify the cause of the problem.
Looking for more articles like this? Check these out:
- 3 Natural Home Remedies for Cellulite Elimination, Weight Loss and Detox
- 3 Natural Home Remedies for Iron Deficiency – Anemia
- 3 Natural Home-Made Remedies for Arthritis
➥ DISCLAIMER: This post is not intended to replace medical treatment. The information provided is for educational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice.