Vegan Easter Cupcakes are an easy and delicious Easter dessert idea. You don’t need baking experience to make them, just follow our recipe and surprise your family this Easter Sunday.
Ingredients for Cupcakes
- 250g whole wheat pastry flour
- 230g dry sweetener (such as maple sugar)
- 100g cocoa powder
- 80g vegan chocolate
- 230ml plant-based milk (such as soy or almond milk)
- 80g unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
Ingredients for Frosting
- 100g unsalted vegan butter, softened
- 230g powdered sugar
- 30g cocoa powder
- 5 tsp plant-based milk (such as soy or almond milk)
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 180° C. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
To melt the chocolate, simply take a saucepan and fill it halfway with water. On top of the saucepan place a small pan. Fill the pan with chocolate and bring the water to a boil. Use a spatula to mix the chocolate as it melts. Once melted, remove from heat, and let cool for 10 minutes.
In a bowl, whisk together the apple cider vinegar and plant-based milk. Let it sit for 5 minutes, until curdled.
Stir in the applesauce, dry sweetener, vanilla extract, and melted chocolate.
In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and Himalayan salt. Then, add the mixture to the wet ingredients, and beat until no large lumps remain.
Scoop the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Remove the pan from the oven and let the cupcakes cool for 5 minutes, then move them to the cooling rack.
The cupcakes should be completely cool before decorating with frosting.
In the mixing bowl, add vegan butter and Himalayan salt and mix for 2-3 minutes until soft and creamy.
Add the powdered sugar and mix on low speed using an electric mixer.
Add vanilla extract and cocoa powder and continue mixing on low speed. Slowly add milk, 1 teaspoon at a time. You can add additional teaspoons until the desired consistency is met.
Turn the electric mixer up to medium speed and mix until light and fluffy, about 4-5 minutes.
Use a reusable piping bag to decorate cupcakes.
- Instead of using the pan you can also melt the chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave.
- Always sift your flour and cocoa powder to get rid of lumps.
- To make sure your butter is softened, lightly press your finger into it. If it leaves an indent, your butter is at the perfect temperature.
- Refrigerate cupcakes in an airtight container for up to a week.
- You can freeze before adding frosting for up to 4 months.
- Serve with black coffee or red wine.
Try These Vegan Easter cupcakes and don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends!
Looking For More Recipe Ideas? Check These Out:
➥ DISCLAIMER: This post is not intended to replace medical treatment. The information provided is for educational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice.