Are you looking for Valentine’s Day cupcakes? Red Velvet cupcakes are an easy and delicious Valentine’s Day dessert idea. You don’t need baking experience to make them, just follow our recipe and surprise your special someone this Valentine’s Day.
- 180 g flour
- 100 g raw sugar
- 2 free-range eggs
- 50 g unsalted butter, softened
- 80 ml sunflower or vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp organic cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 120 g full-fat sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp red food coloring
- ¼ tsp Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp white vinegar
- 250 g cream cheese
- 400 g icing sugar
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- red and pink sprinkles
Method for making Valentine’s Day Cupcakes
Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
Line a 12-tin muffin pan with Valentine’s cupcake liners.
In a mixing bowl, add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and Himalayan salt. Whisk to combine.
In a separate mixing bowl, add sugar and butter, and mix them together with an electric hand mixer for 5 minutes on high, until light and fluffy. Then, add in eggs, sour cream, oil, vinegar, vanilla extract, and red food coloring, and beat all together until smooth and combined.
Add the dry ingredients into the bowl, then beat until all smooth and combined.
Divide the batter into the 12 cupcake liners.
Place into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Check the cupcakes at 25 minutes and if a toothpick inserted into the centre doesn’t come out clean, bake for a further 5 minutes.
Transfer cupcakes to a cooling rack and allow to cool thoroughly before frosting.
To Get More Magic Into Your Life – Click Here!
To make frosting, in a mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese and the butter at medium speed for about 3 minutes, or until fluffy. Then add vanilla extract and a pinch of Himalayan salt.
Gradually add in icing sugar, beating on low speed between each addition.
Transfer the frosting into a large piping and carefully pipe the frosting in a swirl pattern onto each cupcake.
Top each cupcake with red and pink sprinkles.
- Serve with black coffee or red wine.
- Because of cream cheese frosting, red velvet cupcakes need to be refrigerated.
- Refrigerate cupcakes in an airtight container for up to a week.
- You can freeze before adding frosting up to 4 months.
- If you want a healthier option, instead of food coloring add two tablespoons of mashed raspberries.
- You can use raspberries and blueberries for decoration instead of red and pink sprinkles.
Looking For More Articles Like This? Check These Out:
➥ DISCLAIMER: This post is not intended to replace medical treatment. The information provided is for educational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice.