When it comes to healthy salads, there are many recipes, many options and a huge variety of ingredients you can use. We wanted to bring you a recipe for a very easy cucumber salad with Greek yoghurt because it is simple, healthy, light and delicious.
Cucumber is a very healthy vegetable rich in vitamins K, B and C and minerals such as copper, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium. Since it contains a large amount of water, it hydrates and fills you up. The health benefits of cucumber include anti-inflammatory properties, improving skin appearance, protecting nerve cells, regulating digestion and improving blood sugar levels.
Cucumber is low in calories and rich in antioxidants that can improve your overall health. And above all, it is delicious, crunchy and refreshing.
Cucumber Salad with Greek Yoghurt
Preparation: 10 minutes + soaking time
- 6 medium Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium head of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- 200 ml Greek yoghurt
Wash the cucumbers and garlic under running water and place in a medium-sized bowl. Add a tablespoon of baking soda and filtered water to cover the cucumbers. Stir by hand to dissolve the baking soda. Leave for 15 minutes, then rinse and dry.
Peel the cucumbers (optional) and cut them into thin slices. Peel and finely chop the garlic.
Place the cucumbers and garlic into a salad bowl and mix roughly to combine.
For the dressing, put the yoghurt in a small bowl, add salt and olive oil and mix well to combine.
Spoon the dressing over the cucumbers and garlic and mix well to combine. Cover with a lid or foil and place in the refrigerator for half an hour to cool.
- Serve with crackers or breadsticks as a snack
- Serve with the main meal
- If you want to add more nutrients to your salad, you can choose not to peel the cucumbers;
- You can replace Greek yoghurt with yoghurt of your choice;
- You can replace Greek yoghurt with sour cream and add 1 table spoon of organic apple cider vinegar with the mother.
Looking For More Recipe Ideas? Check These Out:
- Colourful Vegan, Gluten-Free Beet Soup
- Healthy Green Bean Recipes
- Chickpea Pancakes With Salad and Greek Yoghurt Sauce
➥ DISCLAIMER: This post is not intended to replace medical treatment. The information provided is for educational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice.