This is the best homemade cinnamon rolls recipe! These easy, delicious and soft rolls made from scratch are perfect for baking beginners. Enjoy!
- 500 g flour
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large free-range egg
- 250 ml warm milk
- 7 g (1 sachet) instant dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 230 g brown sugar
- 100 g unsalted butter, melted
- 3-4 tbsp cinnamon
- 200 g icing sugar
- 100 g cream cheese, softened
- 50 g unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
In the large mixing bowl, combine warm milk, yeast, Himalayan salt, sugar, egg, and butter, and using a mixing spoon mix it all until combined.
Add in flour and mix it until the flour starts to incorporate into the dough.
Use your hands to knead the dough further. Add more flour if necessary, so that the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. The dough mixture should be soft, but not stick to your hands.
Transfer the dough back to a mixing bowl. Cover with a tea towel, put it in a warm place, and let rise until double in size, about 60 to 75 minutes.
In a small mixing bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
Melt unsalted butter in the microwave. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
Roll the dough into a 30 cm by 45 cm rectangle. Brush the dough with the melted butter, and sprinkle with the mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
Roll up the dough tightly so you have one long roll. Use a sharp knife to cut the roll into 3 cm slices.
Line a 25 cm x 33 cm pan and place the slices in it. Cover with a tea towel and let rise for 45 to 60 minutes.
Preheat oven to 180 °C. Bake the rolls for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Make the glaze by using a hand mixer to whip together cream cheese and butter in a bowl until fluffy. Add icing sugar, milk and vanilla extract.
Frost the rolls while still warm. Serve immediately or cool and store.
- Homemade cinnamon rolls stay good for a week.
- You can bake them and keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- If you want to freeze them before baking, place cinnamon rolls several centimetres apart on a baking sheet and put them in the freezer. Once frozen, transfer to a plastic freezer bag. When ready to bake, place in a lined baking dish and allow to come to room temperature before baking.
Try these homemade cinnamon rolls and don’t forget to share them with your friends!
Looking for more recipe ideas? Check these out:
- Vegan Banana Vanilla Cupcakes
- 3 Healthy Smoothie Recipes
- Chickpea Pancakes With Salad and Greek Yoghurt Sauce
➥ DISCLAIMER: This post is not intended to replace medical treatment. The information provided is for educational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice.