Avocado is a delicious bright green fruit with a large stone and dark leathery skin, native to Mexico. It is a popular superfood used in various national diets and can be consumed at any time of the day. Avocado is rich in fibre and low in calories and contains only healthy fats. It contains nearly 20 vitamins and minerals, so consuming an avocado a day is good for your health.
Nutritional Value of Avocado Fruit
The reasons why avocados are superfood are that they are rich in heart-healthy fats, in fact, 75% of the total fats in avocados are “good fats” that contribute to good health. They are nutritious, contain no sugar and are rich in fibre. Avocados contain beta-carotene, potassium, magnesium, iron, vitamin K, folate, vitamin A, vitamins B2, B3, B5 and B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, copper, zinc, manganese, phosphorus and proteins.
Health Benefits of Avocado Fruit – A Healthy Superfood
The nutrient-dense avocado fruit has many health benefits that include:
- Helps maintain healthy blood pressure – Avocado contains a large amount of potassium, which removes excess sodium from the body, thus reducing blood pressure;
- Improves digestion – The large amount of fibre in avocado helps to improve metabolism, digestion and bowel movement, thus preventing constipation;
- Maintains healthy eyes and vision – Avocados are rich in powerful antioxidants such as lutein and zeaxanthin, which prevent eye damage caused by free radicals;
- Promotes weight loss – Rich in fibre and low in carbohydrates, avocadoes help with weight loss; Studies show that people consuming avocado after meals feel fuller for longer;
- Reduces the risk of heart disease and cholesterol – Avocado reduces cholesterol and triglycerides and increases LDL cholesterol in the blood;
- Inhibits the growth of cancer – Studies show that phytochemicals in avocadoes can inhibit the growth of cancer cells, thus helping to treat cancer;
- Lowers the risk of kidney stone formation – Research shows that avocado consumption lowers the risk of kidney stone formation by 51% in men and 35% in women.
To Get More Magic Into Your Life – Click Here!
- Promotes bone health – The good amount of vitamin K found in avocados help maintain bone health. Studies show that avocado oil can reduce the symptoms of osteoarthritis;
- Prevents infections and allergies – Avocados contain compounds that help fight against microbes that cause infections and allergic reactions;
- Promotes a smooth pregnancy – The significant amount of folate in avocado helps to promote smooth pregnancy, while vitamin B6 helps to overcome morning sickness, nausea and vomiting;
- Promotes healthy skin – Carotenoids in avocado reduce skin inflammation caused by UV radiation, while avocado oil protects the skin damage;
- Improves oral health – High level of potassium fights tooth decay and cavities;
- May reduce symptoms of depression – High levels of folate in avocados may help reduce the symptoms of depression;
- Fights inflammation – Vitamin E in avocados reduces inflammation in the body;
- Promotes healthy blood sugar levels – Avocados are low in carbs and sugar and high in healthy fat and fibre, which reduces the risk of insulin resistance and diabetes;
- Promotes prostate health – Beta-sitosterol in avocados can help relieve the symptoms of enlarged prostate.
Although avocados are high in fat and calories, they offer many health benefits due to their nutritional content, so they are worth adding to your diet. There are many ways to use them, from adding them to smoothies, salads, toasts and sandwiches, to preparing delicious dips and spreads. In addition, they can be used in skin care to prevent skin ageing and improve the appearance of wrinkles.
Looking For More Articles Like This? Check These Out:
➥ DISCLAIMER: This post is not intended to replace medical treatment. The information provided is for educational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice.