Oranges are a type of low-calorie, highly nutritious fruit that belongs to the Citrus family. Pleasant, tasty, juicy and sweet, oranges are a beautiful treat for the taste buds. There are many ways to include oranges in your diet and there are many reasons to eat an orange a day.
Oranges are rich in minerals, vitamins and nutrients that promote good health.
- Vitamin B-6
- Vitamin C
- Pantothenic acid
- Folic acid
- Citric acid
- Natural sugar
Health Benefits of Oranges Include:
- Boost your immune system – Oranges contain minerals and vitamins that protect our body and boost our immune system.
- Promote healthy eyes – Our eyes can be damaged by free radicals. Nutrients such as vitamins A and C, potassium and antioxidants can help prevent eye damage.
- Promote a healthy brain – Nutrients such as folic acid and folate keep the brain healthy and prevent neurological disorders.
- Can improve brain function – Some flavonoids in oranges can improve memory and cognition and prevent neurodegenerative conditions.
- Improve skin health – Antioxidants and vitamin C protect the skin from free radicals and slow down skin ageing.
- Prevent heart disease – They contain bioflavonoids that reduce cholesterol and prevent clogging of arteries, thus promoting healthy heart function.
- Help prevent cancer – Nutrients such as D- limonene can prevent some types of cancer, while minerals and vitamins strengthen the immune system, therefore, helping to fight cancer cells.
- Improve your vision – They contain the antioxidant flavonoids alpha and beta carotenes, beta-cryptoxanthin, zeaxanthin and lutein, as well as vitamin A, which are known to protect and improve vision and slow down age-related diseases.
- Promote hair growth – The high content of vitamin C in oranges stimulates collagen production, which helps to strengthen hair follicles in the skin.
- Fight inflammation – Oranges are rich in nutrients that can fight inflammation and reduce the severity of conditions like asthma, arthritis and cancer.
To Get More Magic Into Your Life – Click Here!
- Can protect against kidney stones – Oranges contain a large amount of citrate, which is believed to help prevent the formation of kidney stones.
- Promote collagen production – Vitamin C helps in the production of collagen, a protein that heals wounds and improves skin health and the elasticity of joints and bones.
- Lower blood pressure and cortisol levels – The high amount of vitamin C helps to lower blood pressure and reduce levels of the stress hormone cortisol in the blood.
- Prevent anaemia –The large amount of vitamin C in oranges help the absorption of iron, which prevents the development of anaemia.
- Form blood vessels, cartilage, muscles and collagen – Vitamin C is important in the formation of blood vessels, cartilage, muscles and collagen.
- Prevent DNA damage – Powerful antioxidants in oranges fight against free radicals and protect DNA from mutation.
- Help maintain healthy blood sugar and cholesterol levels – The fibre in oranges helps reduce blood sugar levels, as well as cholesterol.
- Promoting bone health – Calcium in oranges helps build strong bones.
- Promote heart health – Oranges are rich in potassium, which regulates heart rate, and muscle activity and helps lower blood pressure.
- Promoting a healthy digestive tract – The very good amount of fibre in oranges keeps the stomach and intestines healthy.
- Promoting weight loss – They are low-calorie food rich in fibre, so they contribute to healthy weight loss.
There are many ways to include oranges into your diet, such as eating them fresh, drinking freshly made juice, in salads, in cakes and biscuits, creams or added to dishes.
Looking For More Articles Like This? Check These Out:
➥ DISCLAIMER: This post is not intended to replace medical treatment. The information provided is for educational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice.