This vegetarian gnocchi with tomato sauce recipe is an easy and simple meal that will become your favorite! With plenty of garlic, tomatoes and melty parmesan, this dish is going to be extra tasty and delicious. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Gnocchi
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 250 g flour
- 1 free-range egg
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
Ingredients for sauce
- 400 g canned tomatoes, diced
- 5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 100 ml tomato pasta sauce
- 50 g baby spinach
- 30 g finely grated parmesan
- Himalayan salt
- Black pepper
- Homemade seasoning
- Parsley leaves, finely chopped
Directions for Vegetarian Gnocchi in Tomato Sauce
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, then add potatoes and cook until tender.
Drain and mash potatoes with a fork or potato masher.
Combine mashed potato, flour, and egg in a bowl, and knead until the dough forms a ball.
Shape small portions of the dough into long “snakes”.
On a floured surface, cut snakes into 2 cm pieces.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Drop in gnocchi and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until gnocchi have risen to the top.
Drain the gnocchi, reserving 125 ml of the cooking water, and put aside until the sauce is done.
Heat a large frying pan over medium heat, add garlic and cook, for 1-2 mins or until lightly browned.
Add diced tomatoes, pasta sauce and spinach, and cook, stirring, until mixture is heated through. Season with salt, pepper, parsley leaves and homemade seasoning per your taste. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add cooked gnocchi to the sauce and stir until all covered with sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add reserved cooking water if necessary.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve immediately!
- Instead of making gnocchi, use a 500 g packet of ready-made potato gnocchi.
- If you want to use fresh tomatoes instead of canned tomatoes, you will have to cook the sauce longer – until the tomatoes become soft.
Try this Vegetarian Gnocchi in Tomato Sauce and don’t forget to share it with your friends!
Looking for more recipe ideas? Check these out:
- Bruschetta With Mozzarella and Nectarines
- Vegetarian Quinoa Salad With Beetroot, Carrot and Spinach
- Healthy Alkalizing Green Cream Soup
➥ DISCLAIMER: This post is not intended to replace medical treatment. The information provided is for educational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice.