Avocado is a delicious bright green fruit with a large stone and dark leathery skin, native to Mexico. It is a popular superfood used in various national diets and can be consumed at any time of the day. Avocado is rich in fibre and low in calories, and contains only healthy fats. It contains nearly 20 vitamins and minerals, so consuming an avocado a day is good for your health. Avocado can also be used for skin care – see how…
The Nutrition Behind the Avocado
- The high amount of unsaturated fats omega-3, omega-9 and omega-6 gives your skin natural vibrancy and plumpness;
- Rich in minerals such as magnesium, potassium and zinc that nourish the skin;
- The high content of bioavailable vitamin A, vitamins B, D, C, E and K has an excellent effect on the skin.
Benefits of Avocado for the Skin
The rich content of nutrients makes avocado very beneficial for skin health. Here are some benefits:
- Prevention of acne – Healthy fats, anti-inflammatory properties, zinc and vitamin D in avocado make it an excellent choice when it comes to acne prevention and treatment; They reduce the rash and inflammation associated with acne and clean up pores of dirt and oil;
- Reduction of the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines – Avocado is full of natural skin-tightening nutrients, B vitamins that make the skin plumper and softer;
- Restoration of natural collagen – The fatty acids, beta-carotene and B vitamins help restore natural collagen and help prevent skin damage by free radicals;
- Removes dead skin cells – High content of antioxidants and minerals help exfoliate the skin;
- Dark spot removal – Minerals and vitamins in avocado help fight dark spots and blemishes, brighten skin and prevent free radical damage;
- Heal sunburns – Vitamin E, beta carotene, lecithin and proteins help with sunburns and speed up healing time.
Here Are Two Home Remedies for Skin with Avocado:
1. Avocado Exfoliating Mask
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 tbs Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp row honey
Mash the avocado in a small bowl with a fork until smooth. Add yoghurt and honey and mix well to combine.
Apply evenly on a clean face, leave for 20 minutes, and then rinse with warm water.
An exfoliating mask that will remove dead cells and nourish the skin and give it a glow.
2. Avocado and Cucumber Mask
- ½ ripe avocado
- ½ small cucumber, peeled and sliced
Combine the avocado and cucumber slices in a small bowl and mash with a fork until smooth.
Apply evenly on a clean face, leave for 20 minutes, then wash off with warm water.
A cooling mask that helps to heal sunburns and irritated skin.
- Store the masks in clean glass containers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days;
- After 5 days of using the mask, take a break couple of days and repeat;
- Apply a moisturizing cream after washing the mask off.
Introduce avocado into your skin care routine and see the immediate change!
Looking for more recipe ideas? Check these out:
➥ DISCLAIMER: This post is not intended to replace medical treatment. The information provided is for educational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice.