When it comes to lazy weeknight meals, one of the easiest ways to prepare dinner is to cook a pasta meal. Adding vegetables to this dish makes it a healthy and attractive choice. So, if this resonates with you, keep reading and find a delicious recipe to try. This quick bean burger pasta bake is always a good choice!
Bean Pasta Bake
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- 500 g large shell pasta
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 500 g black beans
- 100 ml tomato puree
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 250 g shredded cheddar cheese
- 100 g shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp homemade dry seasoning
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 220°C. Grease a medium size baking dish.
Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water until al-dente, drain well and set aside.
Cook the beans in a saucepan of boiling salted water, drain well and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until softened and translucent. Add the capsicum and beans and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
Add spices, tomato puree, mustard and water to the beans and cook for another 10 minutes. Add the pasta to the bean mixture and stir well to combine.
Spoon the pasta mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and season with pepper and salt to taste.
Bake the pasta in a preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until the cheese melts and turns golden. Divide pasta among serving plates and serve immediately.
- Serve with seasonal salad.
- Replace Cheddar cheese with the cheese of your choice;
- Replace large shells pasta to the pasta of your choice;
- Use Cannellini beans instead of black beans;
- Add cooked peas to the pasta mixture to enhance flavour and texture;
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 3 days;
- Freeze the leftover pasta bake in an air-tight container for up to 2 months.
Looking For More Recipe Ideas? Check These Out:
➥ DISCLAIMER: This post is not intended to replace medical treatment. The information provided is for educational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice.