Chia seeds are small round-shaped seeds that come in white or black colour. The health benefits of chia seeds come from their nutritional values that include omega-3 fatty acids, fibre, proteins, antioxidants, a small number of vitamins and a large amount of minerals. They can be eaten raw, or soaked and added to porridge, made into pudding, can be ground and used in baked goods, or just sprinkled onto salads or yoghurt. Try this easy and healthy chia seeds strawberry pudding.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Setting time: overnight
Ingredients for Chia Seeds Strawberry Pudding:
8 tablespoons chia seeds
2 cups free range almond milk
50 g roasted almond flakes
200 g strawberries, halved
2 tablespoon maple syrup
2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Blend 2 cups almond milk, 200 g strawberries, 2 tablespoon maple syrup and 2 teaspoon coconut oil until smooth. Pour into a large sealable glass container.
- Place chia seeds in the glass container with the almond milk mixture and stir well to combine. Cover with the lid and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Open the glass container with the chia strawberry pudding mixture and stir well again to break up lumps. Place the lid back on and place the container in the fridge overnight.
- Bring chia strawberry pudding out of the fridge, stir well and serve into serving bowls. Sprinkle with roasted almond flakes.
Chia strawberry pudding can last up to 3 days in the fridge.
- You can decorate the pudding with extra halved strawberries or banana slices.
- You can also add some chocolate chips on top.
- If you want a richer creamy version of chia strawberry pudding replace almond milk with full cream coconut milk.
Looking for more chia recipes? Check these out:
➥ DISCLAIMER: This post is not intended to replace medical treatment. The information provided is for educational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice.