There are a number of healthy ideas when it comes to muffins. They can be sweet or sour, served for lunch or morning/afternoon tea, eaten alone or with toppings, you can eat them by yourself, or share them with friends. You can buy ready-made mixtures if you are in a hurry, but it is always a great advantage if you make them yourself, according to your taste. And if you make them yourself, you can really let you imagination run wild. Today we share with you a recipe for healthy strawberry muffins with cinnamon that you can try.
Preparation: 30 minutes
Baking: 25 minutes
- 250 g strawberries, roughly chopped
- 2 large free-range eggs
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- 3 tbs raw honey
- ½ cup organic coconut oil
- ½ cup wholemeal rolled oats
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbs vanilla sugar
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 2 tbs pumpkin seeds chopped
Preheat oven to 180 °C and line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper cups.
Soak the strawberries in a baking soda solution, rinse, dry and roughly chop.
In a medium bowl combine flour, oats, salt, cinnamon, chia seeds, baking powder, baking soda and vanilla and mix well.
In another bowl whisk the eggs, add honey, yoghurt and coconut oil and mix well until you get a smooth consistency.
Sift the flour mixture into the batter and slowly stir until it is smooth.
Gently fold in chopped strawberries.
Spoon the mixture evenly into the paper muffin cups and sprinkle with chopped pumpkin seeds.
Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until cooked and the edges are golden brown. Place on the wire rack to cool for 10 minutes and serve warm.
- Serve with fresh cream and strawberry jam;
- Serve with vanilla ice cream;
- Serve with a glass of strawberry smoothie.
- Serve for breakfast, morning or afternoon tea;
- Great idea for a lunch box;
- You can store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Try these healthy strawberry muffins with cinnamon and don’t forget to share it with your firneds!
Looking For More Articles Like This? Check These Out:
- Overnight Oats With Pumpkin Seeds and Yoghurt
- Vegan Banana Vanilla Cupcakes
- Healthy Infused Water Recipes
➥ DISCLAIMER: This post is not intended to replace medical treatment. The information provided is for educational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice.