If you would like to know different ways of consuming garlic – keep reading!
Garlic is a plant that has been used in cooking and medicine for centuries. There are numerous old records from which it is evident that garlic was already used in Roman, Greek, Egyptian and ancient Chinese diets, and was also used for health purposes. Even some people don’t like it because of its strong smell, there are ways to consume it while avoiding or neutralising its smell.
If consumed regularly, garlic can help with a number of health problems such as high cholesterol, cardiovascular problems, indigestion and high blood pressure. It can also help with viruses, bacterial or fungal infections and parasites.
Today we bring you 3 recipes with garlic, for you to try:
1. Garlic Spread
- 6 garlic cloves
- 200 g creamed cottage cheese
- 10 g butter
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ground rosemary
Peel the garlic and soak it in a baking soda solution for 15 minutes, then rinse and dry.
Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix until you get a fine consistency.
Serve the garlic spread with grilled slices of Turkish bread, or brown rice crackers. Add olives for an even better taste and more health benefits.
- Add basil, sage or any herb of your choice to improve the taste;
- You can keep the spread in the refrigerator for up to 5 days;
- You can freeze the garlic spread for up to 3 months. Keep in mind that freezing the spread loses some of its healing properties.
2. Garlic Tincture
- 250 g garlic
- 1 l 70% alcohol
Peel the garlic and soak it in a baking soda solution, then rinse, dry and finely chop.
Place the garlic in a medium-sized glass jar and pour alcohol over the garlic.
Close the jar with a lid and leave it at room temperature, away from the sun for 14 days.
Shake the jar well every day, and after 14 days strain the mixture and squeeze the remaining liquid from the garlic. Store the tincture in a dark tightly closed bottle in a dark and cool place.
To strengthen the immune system and prevent flu, take 10 drops with half a glass of warm water 3 times a day, before meals.
You can keep the mixture for up to 12 months if stored properly.
3. Garlic and Honey Mixture
Peel the garlic and soak in a baking soda solution for 15 minutes, then rinse and dry.
Finely chop the garlic, add a teaspoon of honey and a pinch of Ceylon cinnamon, mix and swallow with a glass of warm water with lemon in the morning on an empty stomach.
This mixture will help prevent colds and flu, strengthen the immune system, and the combination of honey and cinnamon will help with the symptoms of diabetes.
- Peel 2-3 heads of garlic and soak in a baking soda solution for 15 minutes, then rinse and spread on the paper towel to dry completely. Put a piece of clean paper towel in a small glass jar, place the garlic in the jar, and put the lid on. Keep in the refrigerator ready for daily use.
Looking For More Articles Like This? Check These Out:
- Things To Know About Oranges
- Clean Your Liver The Natural Way In 3 Days
- Health Benefits Of Blueberries
there are a lot of ways of consuming garlic, so include it To your diet!
➥ DISCLAIMER: This post is not intended to replace medical treatment. The information provided is for educational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice.